Head Coach Position- Junior Team Canada U16/U18/U20
Canada The 2016 ISBHF World Junior Ball Hockey Championships are taking place in Sheffield, England (July 2016) and the CBHA is currently accepting applications from individuals interested in taking on the role of Head Coach Junior Team Canada of either the U16, U18 or U20 team.
Junior Team Canada over the past 4 World Junior Ball Hockey Championships have won 7 Gold, 2 Silver and 1 Bronze out of a possible 12 Medals. This is more than any of the other great Ball Hockey nations we compete against and in 2016 Canada is looking for Head Coaches to help lead these teams to continued success at the ISBHF World Junior Championships.
If you share our passion for this great game and are looking for the challenge of working with Elite athletes and staff that are proud to represent the CBHA and Canada on the International stage in Ball Hockey then this opportunity is for you.
Criteria of Junior Team Canada Head Coach Applicants:
- Applicants must be a member in good standing of the CBHA and its Associations
- Experience Coaching Elite athletes at High Level competitions such as WCC’s, Junior Nationals and/or World Juniors
- Completion of the “Respect in Sport” course and NCCP coaching levels would be an asset and may be required
- Head Coaches must be able to travel and be away before, during and after the World Junior Championship dates
- Head Coaches will be expected to promote, support and adhere to the CBHA High Performance Core Values and Canadian Ball Hockey Foundations put forth by the Team Canada High Performance Director and Junior Team Canada General Manager
- Experience in Coaching/Developing Junior players at the Elite level in other sports would be an asset
Junior Team Canada Head Coaches will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Develop and prepare practice and game plans and promote a “style of play” that follows CBHA Coaching Foundations
- Be available for Junior Team Canada conference calls with High Performance Director ,VP-Minors, JTC General Manager and JTC staff.
- Strong Supervisor(with support from other JTC staff) for Junior aged players during travel, hotels and all other areas during trip to ISBHF World Junior Championships
- Provide feedback or scouting reports on players if required
- Provide pre-tournament guidance on training for players preparing to represent Canada at World Juniors.
- Organize JTC Assistant Coaches
All resumes must be submitted via e-mail no later than Tuesday July 21, 2015 to
Junior Team Canada General Manager
Selected Candidates for interviews will be contacted by telephone to arrange a date and time.
Thank you in advance for your interest in Junior Team!